Thursday, January 8, 2015

2014 Year In Review

When I started thinking about 2013 there were a few things that stood out.  Cool things.  Then I started going through my picture and video files.  Holy shit!  Did we make the most out of our year!

First ride of the season was January 13, 2014.  This was my first ever winter ride.




Unlike 2013, the majority of my miles were not solo.  I had the distinct pleasure of riding with
our brothers in the 401 and 315.  Our very own 607 Chapter member, Jeremy Layton,
took his first ride with us.  45 miles his first time out!  Another first?  Our vehicle supported wine ride!



Spent some time on the 910 turf in early spring.  It was exactly what we needed after a long shitty winter.  Bought a USABMX license and hit a couple races.  This gave us the opportunity to hang with the 518 Chapter Rep; Just Whitt.  Never a dull moment with that one!



Mully; Kim and I, did a 43 mile ride around Cooperstown that turned into a 54 mile death march.



The following weekend, Kim and I decided a trip to Cazenovia was in order.  I hated the route/him that day.  All the booze in world couldn't fix that shitty ride.  


My favorite was definitely the Cayuga Lake ride.  That was the best for so many reasons.  I saw shitstory in the making; samsquanch and an amphibious Volvo.  Solid fucking gold day, right there!


The stop at Apple Station Winery was a bonus.  And, how can I forget the many many rides we took locally through the summer?  I almost puked after the third Tastee Freeze in our, Three Towns; Three  Tastee Freezes Ride.  But, it was so worth it!  Just ask me who has the best ice cream!



It was actually this one; on Route 96 in Owego.  Knowledge is power, my friends.

How can I forget about the bar fight we nearly got into because the wrong guy decided to pick on our spandex?  Fucker was feeding me nachos and hot sauce by the time we left.  After I told him I had my ass kicking shoes on, he chilled out.  So many great adventures just because we ride a bike.


Did I mention club events?  Saint-2-Sinners hosted the 100th annual Chili Cook Off.  It was awesome!
We set up at Cruisin' Palooza in Whitney Point, NY for the second year in a row.  If you like cars; motorcycles and loud music, you would appreciate this event. 
Then there was our annual Memorial Day party; Halloween party and club member only, Christmas party.  Don't let me forget about the Cornhole tournament!  That's one we intend to do again!



2014 was incredible!  I can't wait to see what we discover in 2015.  Rides are already in the
planning stages.  Who knows what adventures await!  But, most of all, I look forward to the time spent with incredible friends and family who support our silly bicycle addiction.  It would be nowhere near as fun without them!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment